Wednesday, January 4, 2012

This Made my Day: Michelle Kwan's "Concierto de Aranjuez" by Joaquin Rodrigo




I have been visiting my sister, Devon, in Maryland for the past five days. Today, the day of my departure, I had to wake up early to get on the road. Just as I groggily rolled out of bed, wishing I had a while longer to sleep, I was immediately greeted with two terrific surprises that totally jump-started my morning: a steaming cup of Lady Grey tea with cream and honey and a video of Michelle Kwan's 2003 World Championship freeskate to "Concierto de Aranjuez" pulled up on You Tube, all ready to go, both prepared lovingly by my amazing sister!

As Michelle performed her final footwork sequence with a flourish of heart and passion, my sister and I exchanged glances-- both of us had tears in our eyes.

Thank you, Michelle, for giving all your fans so many magical moments that continue to give us enjoyment and inspiration all these years later.

This was a wonderful way to start my day! Hope it inspires you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment