Sunday, June 26, 2011

Olympic Look Back: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir's "Symphony No.5," by Gustav Mahler




I previously posted about Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir's 2010 gold-medal winning freeskate to "Symphony No. 5" by Gustav Mahler back in October, but at that time, did not have access to a video of the Canadian's Olympic win, due to copyright violations. I posted a video from the 2010 World Championships instead. Today, I came across a video from the Olympics that has not been blocked (*knock on wood) from You Tube. I have updated my previous post to include the Olympic video, and I'm posting it here, too, to make sure that you all have the chance to view one of the most enthralling, enchanting, and ethereal ice dancing programs in Olympic history. What Tessa and Scott achieve with this piece is astounding. You will be captivated.

p.s.) Look for one of their signature moves, "The Goose" at 3 minutes and 40 seconds into the program.

Enjoy Tessa and Scott's brilliant rendition of Mahler's "Symphony No. 5" :



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan
    Thank you so much for your site. I feel as if it were created just for me! I am not a skater but I love the art as you do, especially ice dancing. A great couple can truly bring out my emotions. My favorites are Anissina/Peizerat, Drobiazko/Vanagas and the new World winners Papadakis/Cizeron. Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Thank you so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm brazilian. Unfortunately, this sport is not practiced here. But I'm a fan of Tessa and Scott. They are absolutely spectacular.

    ReplyDelete