Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Scott Hamilton's "Hair" from 1996 Stars on Ice Tour


Last month I celebrated the five year anniversary of my blog! Somehow, this anniversary slipped my mind, until now. It's been five great years! I don't do much at all to advertise my blog, and surely it's not as popular as others, but I hope that in my own small way, I have been able to share my love of skating with those who read.

Admittedly, this last year hasn't been my best for posting new content. I started a new job, and now am in the midst of a job search. I haven't been swimming in free time, but still like to post when I can.


I hope you enjoy this Scott Hamilton performance to "Hair" from the 1996 Stars on Ice tour. Scott's entertaining routines, featuring storylines, props, and backflips galore, were a staple on the professional skating circuit in the '80s and '90s. But "tricks" aside, Scott had terrific basic skating skills--he always brought his "A-game" Triple Lutz, spins, and blurring footwork! Scott always showed us why he was such a decorated champion, both for his solid athletics, and his heart as an artist and performer.

I miss seeing Scott Skate today. He was such a warm and generous performer, who always brought his fans such happiness. There hasn't been another entertainer like him since.

Watching this program brought me back to my childhood and the glory days of watching professional skating on TV every weekend. I had no idea how lucky I was. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I catch one hour on TV.


I've said it once and I'll say it again: thank goodness for You Tube!




No comments:

Post a Comment