Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Masterpiece: Paul Wylie's "On the Waterfront" by Leonard Bernstein


I have been searching for Paul Wylie's "On the Waterfront" program for a long time. When I finally found it this week, the performance was even better than I remembered. I've watched this program several times this week, and each time I've been moved to tears. The combination of powerful music, perfectly-timed and skilled choreography, and inspired-skating with an artistic vision is a beautiful thing. Seeing what skating has become today, not in all cases, but in most, it is refreshing to watch this performance from a simpler time, when intricate choreography and exemplary skating skills trumped frenetic changes of edge, feverish transitions, and quadruple toe loops. I hope you enjoy this masterful performance. It's extraordinary. Bravo Paul Wylie!



1 comment:

  1. Thank-you so much for sharing this. Have never seen this program of Paul's and it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete