Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Study Break: Madison and Keiffer Hubbell's "Sognami" by Allesandro Safina

At the 2009 National Championships in Cleveland, Ohio, the brother and sister team of Madison and Keiffer Hubbell from Toledo, Ohio skated their freedance to "Sognami" (Dream of me) by Allesandro Saffina in their national senior debut. They placed 4th. My sister and I were in attendance that afternoon in Cleveland, and greatly enjoyed this performance.

I don't think the Hubbell's have captured this same kind of magic in their freeskates since, but this is certainly indication of what they're capable of if they have the right piece of music and the right choreography. They are both strong technical skaters. I haven't been able to find this video...until last night! I love the program and wanted to share it with all of you as today's inspiration, and in my case, for today's study break in the midst of finals week! My favorite move comes at 2:10 in the program.

Enjoy Madison and Keiffer's "Sognami":


No comments:

Post a Comment