Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ryan Bradley's "Pure Imagination"

As a mid-week boost, I've decided to post Ryan Bradley's Willy Wonka exhibition program. He skates to "Pure Imagination" -- sung by the great Gene Wilder, who played Willy Wonka in the 1971 film of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-- and the Oompa Loompa's song.

I saw Ryan skate this in the TV special "Skate for the Heart" on NBC in January, and again last weekend in NBC's broadcast of the Smucker's Skating Spectacular from the National championsihps, and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. This is a fun, whimsical number that is quintessential Ryan Bradley! And don't blink at the beginning or you'll miss his quadruple toe loop! Ryan uncharacteristically missed two quad toe loops in his winning freeskate at the nationals, so he threw a beautiful one into the exhibition as a little redemption. No one blends quads and quirk better!

I hope a little Willy Wonka can bring a smile to your face on this windy, wintry Wednesday!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. i cant watch the video :( i've just seen it on ESPN and it was incredible! those jumps! OMG. A perfect exhibition. Hope he had won
    I want to link it to a friend's facebook so she can see it too. I know she is gonna love it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucas, thanks for your comment. Otherwise I wouldn't have realized that the video had been disabled! I found another version that I will now post. I'm glad you enjoyed Ryan's skate. He's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete