Thursday, February 17, 2011

Inspiration on Ice: Michelle Kwan's "Spartacus"

Michelle Kwan's "Spartacus" performance at the 2005 U.S. Nationals gives me chills (the good kind) every single time I watch it. Her pure passion, conviction, and heart is captivating. Commentator Terry Gannon said at the end of her skate: "She's able to take audiences to places that no other skater can take them." And apparently Michelle was able to take the judges on an emotional journey, too, as they awarded her three perfect sixes, bringing her Nationals 6.0 count up to 38 after this performance.

Michelle is the kind of skater that makes me love the sport even more every time I watch her skate. She radiates such uninhibited joy! She inspires me to pursue my goals with the kind of passion that she exudes in hers.

I hope this performance will make you find an appreciation for the beautiful world of figure skating; a world of poetry in motion.

Happy Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment