Saturday, December 25, 2010

12 Days of Christmas: Day 1: Michelle Kwan's "Tosca"

What better way to say Merry Christmas than to post Michelle Kwan's "Tosca" program from the 2004 U.S. Figure Skating Championships? It is the epitome of brilliance! I get chills and tears every single time I watch it. Michelle Kwan brought it technically, and with plenty of heart and raw emotions to boot. She earned 7 perfect scores of 6.0 and her 8th National championship.

I've never seen a performance like this since. NO ONE can skate like this. Michelle is the one and only. She is simply the best! Magnificent!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


Michelle's "Tosca":

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I love it so much. I can totally relate to your love of the sport, and Kwan. I, too, grew up during the epic Kwan era, and agree that the emotion she brings to her performances, particularly Tosca and Fields of Gold (made me cry) is truly special. Gonna spend some time checking out the rest of your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I'm glad to find a fellow Kwan fan! Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Michelle's "East of Eden" from the 1998 "World Pro" competition. Michelle herself said it was magical for her (also!). When she skated like that, no one could touch her.
    Those can be found on fsvids.com, and youtube.

    Also see her late-1998 skates to "Lamente D'Ariane" and "Dante's Prayer". Superlatives are humiliated in any effort to adequately describe her beauty and brilliance.

    ReplyDelete