Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to School Inspiration: Kristi Yamaguchi's "Gold" by Linda Eder




Tomorrow is the first day of school!! This is an extra special first day of school because it's my first day of school as a full-time, permanent teacher! Last year I started out the 2012 school year as a long-term sub, but this year, the classroom is all mine! I'm very fortunate and blessed to have a job and I'm looking forward to meeting my students tomorrow and getting the year off on the right foot.

In honor of tomorrow's momentous occasion, I'd like to share some beautiful Kristi Yamaguchi inspiration with her glittering performance to "Gold" by the phenomenal Linda Eder. Kristi is a skater for the ages. Her skating fills the arena and sparkles with heart and sophistication.

Tomorrow I begin on a path that I've been working so hard to get on for the last few years. The song "Gold" reminds me that this year is all about achieving the gold, reaching the top, striving to be the best teacher and person I can be. There's a very special friend of mine who seeks to remind me of that all the time, even when I'm at my lowest point. This person is very important to me and I can't thank him enough for his support and belief in me. He reminds me to stay positive,take care of myself and focus on what's most important. This person inspires me to push myself to dig deep, find that inner grit, and shine like gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment