Saturday, March 3, 2012

Elena Bechke and Denis Petrov's 1999 Stars on Ice program



I re-watched a tape from the 1999 Stars on Ice tour this morning. I watched this spellbinding program from Elena and Denis ('92 Olympic silver medalists) and decided that I must post it on my blog ASAP. I unfortunately cannot find the name of this piece of music, but it really doesn't matter: the point here is that Elena and Denis are remarkable skaters in every respect. Now THIS is pairs skating. Absolutely gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a truly spellbinding performance! Elena practically floats through this entire piece. Credit must be given to Denis for being the incredibly graceful, unwavering foundation of this team. One reason this team is so masterful in their skating is because one partner does not distract from the other. The male is as beautiful as the female. I think this is something that isn't often seen in U.S pairs in particular, the male skater is strong but many times not as fluid or seamless as his partner. Thanks for posting. I have always felt this couple ranks among the best of the best in pairs history.

    ReplyDelete