Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday Kwan-spiration


Hi Everyone! It's been nearly 20 days since my last post. I've been insanely busy with summer classes and traveling and my blog has taken the back burner. Today, however, as I was plodding through my assignments, I needed a little inspiration. Off to You Tube I went to find some Michelle Kwan videos to infuse myself with energy and passion! Michelle's commitment to every detail of her programs and her uncanny ability to mesmerize and energize an audience are unmatched. As watching the end of her 2002 Nationals rendition of "Scheherazade" by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, as Michelle flew into her two "Falling Leaf" split jumps, I felt chills, which is hopefully just enough inspiration to finish my homework for this evening with vigor and verve! Perhaps I exaggerate on the effect it will have on my homework, but still, this performance of Michelle's 6th National title win is one that will leave you wanting to applaud from your seat on the couch. Hopefully it will bring a bit of cool inspiration and enjoyment into your hot and humid July afternoon.


Michelle's "Scheherazade":





No comments:

Post a Comment