Friday, October 29, 2010

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir's "Symphony No.5," by Gustav Mahler



This week's theme: Welcome to the Wonderful World of Ice Dance!

Dear Readers, as I am pressed for time this morning, I will only write a few short paragraphs of preface to this exquisite video from Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, the reigning Olympic and World champions from Canada. I posted them directly after Torvill and Dean (yesterday's post) because many people call them the new Torvill and Dean of ice dancing.

Tessa and Scott are also training mates, and main rivals, with Meryl Davis and Charlie White, who were featured in Wednesday's post. Both teams share the coaching tandem of Igor Shilband and Marina Zoueva, choreographer extraordinaire.

Not only is this program one of the most beautiful skating programs that I've ever witnessed, it is one of the most beautiful things that I've ever seen in my life, period. It is breathtaking. It is elegant. It is ethereal. It is majestic. It is romantic. There are really no words to do it justice.

The fact that Tessa and Scott are just 21 and 23 gives me great hope that they'll continue skating for a long, long time, giving us more supreme performances.

I've also posted photos for your enjoyment.

I hope you love "Symphony No.5".












No comments:

Post a Comment