Saturday, December 3, 2011

Meryl Davis and Charlie White's "Someone Like You" by Adele from Fashion on Ice

As a follow-up to the Jeremy Abbott Adele program that I just posted, I'd like to share Meryl Davis and Charlie White's performance to Adele's "Someone Like You" from the recent TV special Fashion On Ice. This is a very raw song and a heartfelt skate from Meryl and Charlie.

With this program, and Abbott's, I'm a huge fan of Adele's music as skating music. (Does anyone else join me in petitioning for Adele on Ice as the next TV special??)

Meryl and Charlie are having another standout season as the reigning World Champions (though they haven't met their main rivals Virue and Moir in competition yet) and this exhibition is proof of how they are continually maturing and growing as skaters and artists. This performance shows a more vulnerable, personal side of Meryl and Charlie that stretches them as performers. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment