Thursday, October 4, 2012

Skating Tribute to "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli



Yesterday I was telling my friend Melissa about how bittersweet it will be to leave the town I've lived in for nearly the past three years. This move, while not happening just yet, is inevitable in the near future as my life is evolving in new directions. I said to her, "I guess it's just time to say goodbye." Immediately I thought of the powerful and beautiful song "Time to Say Goodbye," sung by two of the most gifted singers, Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli. The duet version of the song, a variation on Bocelli's single of the same song, "Con te PartirĂ²," which translates to "I leave with you," is one of the best-selling singles in history. For more interesting facts about this song, click HERE to read the Wikipedia entry.

When I mentioned this song to Melissa, she admitted that she had never heard it before. Gasp!! I feel sorry for whoever has never heard this magnificent song and I feel the need to share it immediately!





I told Melissa that "Time to Say Goodbye" is a very popular song for figure skaters to choose for their exhibition skates. Over the years I've enjoyed watching wonderful performances to this song by some of the world's best skaters. Below, I will share some of the best "Time to Say Goodbye" skating programs with you. Enjoy!!


Marina Annisina and Gwendal Peizerat perform at the 1998 Olympic exhibitions in Nagano, Japan. Marina and Gwendal were bronze medalists at the event.



Evan Lysacek performs at the 2007 show Fashion on Ice with Sarah Brightman singing live.



Patrick Chan skates in the 2009 Festa on Ice show to Bocelli's original single " Con te PartirĂ²"

No comments:

Post a Comment